Cancer is one of the most dreadful diseases in the world and can affect men and women of all age groups. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer or mesothelioma, the reason could be prolonged use of talcum powder. If you have used the powder for over four years and were diagnosed in 2009 or later, you may be eligible for compensation through a talcum powder cancer lawsuit.
Can Talcum Powder Cause Cancer?
Several studies established strong links between talcum powder and different types of cancers. Ongoing studies explore the high risk of certain ovarian cancer forms in certain age groups. In 2019, the FDA found traces of asbestos in the talc-based baby powder from a renowned company.
Asbestos exposure can cause mesothelioma. When talc containing asbestos is used around the genital area, the risk of ovarian cancer becomes high. The following year the product was recalled.
Several companies making talcum powder are facing thousands of lawsuits for their products. Many such cases have reached multi-million-dollar settlements. There is a risk. If you have been a victim, it is the right time to get your compensation.
Am I Eligible for the Lawsuit?
To be eligible for the talcum powder cancer lawsuit, you must satisfy the following conditions.
- You must have used the powder for a minimum of four years in a genital area.
- Usage must be continuous.
- You must have been diagnosed with one of the following cancer forms before menopause – ovarian cancer, mesothelioma, or endometrioid ovarian cancer.
If you satisfy the above conditions, your chances of receiving the compensation are very high.
Talcum Powder Cancer Compensation Lawsuit
If you are eligible for the lawsuit, the next step would be to find a suitable attorney to claim compensation. Find a law firm with a team of lawyers who can specifically handle the talcum powder case.
While finding a suitable talcum powder compensation attorney, ask the following questions.
- How many years of experience does the firm handle defective product cases?
- Does the law firm specialize in talcum powder compensation cases? Have they handled similar legal claims or situations in the past?
- What has been the outcome of those cases?
- Is the firm willing to offer a first free consultation?
- Is the firm open to hearing the case details over the phone or through video conference (to save your time)?
- Is the firm open to investigating your case without any delays?
- Is the team easy to speak to and easy to get in touch with?
Once you have found the ideal law firm to handle your compensation case, then you can feel relieved. An efficient lawyer will go all the way to provide you with the right compensation.
Most women take utmost care to ensure their health is well-preserved. When you fall victim to such unanticipated causes, your health deteriorates, and you feel let down by brands you have trusted for many years. A good attorney can help you gain financial assistance and provide you with some stability during such critical situations.