Surrey is the second most populated city in the British Columbia province of Canada, with a population of 568,322, of which more than 71,000 are children aged 10–19 years. Teenagers are one age group who are more likely to feel conscious about how their teeth look.
Invisalign is a process to align your teeth in position without using metal braces.
If you are looking for Invisalign Surrey, there are several dental clinics offering the treatment. However, make sure that Invisalign treatment is the right choice per your needs.
Read on below to find out what Invisalign treatment is and everything there is to know about it.
Invisalign: What It Is?
Invisalign is an orthodontic process of straightening your teeth with the use of clear molds, which gently align your teeth in the correct position with regular use. The Invisalign braces are made of clear BPA-free plastic, which, although not completely invisible, is a better choice than metal braces.
The first step is consultation with a doctor to discuss the procedure and the cost. Once done, they will take x-rays and photos of your mouth to develop a series of Invisalign molds that you will use over a few months.
The next step would be the first fitting of your Invisalign molds, and your treatment will start if you don’t feel much pain and discomfort. You need to wear the Invisalign aligners for 22 hours every day. Also, when you remove the aligners, clean them using a dental cleaner solution to avoid bacteria buildup.
After one to two weeks, you will need to change your aligners as your teeth will have changed their position. You must keep repeating the process until you have reached the last set of aligners and your Invisalign treatment is completed.
Invisalign Or Traditional Braces: Which Is Better?
Both Invisalign and traditional braces have their advantages and disadvantages, and which one is better for you will depend on your circumstances. Your dentist for Invisalign in Surrey will be able to guide you better on whether or not Invisalign is the right choice for you.
Advantages of choosing Invisalign over traditional braces are:
- Invisibility is by far the main advantage of Invisalign over traditional braces. People feel conscious while talking or smiling when they are wearing braces. But with Invisalign, you won’t have to worry about that.
- Apart from the slight discomfort at first, Invisalign is more comfortable to wear than traditional metal braces.
- Removing the Invisalign braces while eating and brushing is another advantage over traditional braces.
Who Can Use Invisalign?
There is no minimum or maximum age criteria for Invisalign treatment. Anyone who is looking to adjust their teeth position can use this treatment.
- Teenagers: Invisalign treatment is a great way to correct the teeth’s position in teenagers. Teenagers are more concerned about the way their teeth look when they talk or laugh, and using metal braces makes them feel more conscious about how they look. The aligners of Invisalign are not only invisible but also are very easy to use and have a short treatment time which makes them the right choice for teenagers.
- Adults: Adults are also using Invisalign to align their teeth in a proper position. Adults who want a flexible procedure for aligning their teeth without having to worry about visible metal braces can opt for Invisalign.
Everyone wants great-looking teeth, but most people dislike wearing braces. Invisalign treatment is a process of slowly pushing your teeth into the correct position with the help of clear aligners. However, whether or not the treatment suits you depends on your teeth’s position.