Lace closure and lace frontal are two hot choices by today’s fashion-conscious women. But what will be perfect for you? Before choosing one for you, you must know the differences between them. You will not want that your weave is easily detected by others. Your goal will always be to get a natural look at your hair extension.
No doubt, women who have short hairs and want a perfect look with their attires will go for a hair extension. After reading this article, you will able to differentiate between lace closure and lace frontal. Knowing the distinctions between them will help you choose the perfect one for you.
Before going into knowing the difference between them, at first, I want to let you know what they are:
What About Lace Closure?
A lace closure is much smaller when compared with a lace frontal. It’s about 2 inches width and 2 inches long. But you can also get lace closure in different sizes like 2 x 3 inches, 4x 4 inches, 4 x 3 inches. Lace closure is used just to hide the natural part of your head, not the entire hairline.
Lace closures come also in different styles like free part, middle part, and three-part. Three-part is also known as the three-way.
If you care about your hair a lot, lace closure with virgin hair extensions is a good choice. You can apply a lace closure to any kind of hair types what it be scanty, permed, or natural.
What is Lace Frontal?
Do you know what is a lace frontal? Lace frontal goes from ear to ear and it is a half wig. In most cases, this wig is sewn with 3 to 4 bundles of hair. The size of the frontal face is normally 4’’ width and 13’’ long. A lace frontal is big enough to hold your hair back but with the small size a, lace closure cannot do it.
Most women choose frontals when they want to hide their own hair and want a totally different look from their natural hair.
These are some properties of Lace Frontals:
- A good range of styles
- Different hair types with a good number of colors
- A transparent piece of lace mesh makes the base of frontals
- Wig is made of normally made of synthetic or natural human hair
Who use lace frontals normally want to hide their lost hair along their hairline. Frontals cover the area from one ear to another, so if you want to hide your own hairline, it’s perfect for you.
So, what are the differences between them?
- First and the most obvious difference is their sizes. When lace frontals cover the total hairline of your head, lace closures just cover up a small part of your head.
- Another difference between lace closure and lace frontal is: lace closures are sewn on to your head where lace frontals are generally bonded along the hairline. Though both can be placed behind the hairline or in front of it, lace frontals are normally placed in front of the hairline. So, this is the reason frontals are bonded. For an expert beautician, it’s not a tough job to place the frontals behind the hairline using a thread that is invisible.
- Though this is not a difference. In this point, we shall discuss the benefits of using frontals. Lace frontals allow you to achieve a wide range of styling options that you cannot do with the lace closures. For example, you cannot make a pullback hairstyle with a closure because closures will not be able to hide your tracks. But with a frontal, it is an easy way to make a pullback hairstyle as it covers your entire hairline.
I know the differences. How will I choose one for me?
You will choose according to your need, budget, and your hair condition. Whatever your hair condition and need are, a frontal will be able to give you more options for styling. So, I will suggest you go with a frontal but it will cost you more when compared with the cost of a closure.
If you want to just hide your install with a scalp that looks natural then closure is a good choice. Being small in size and structure, lace closures will cost less you.